Thursday, December 11, 2008

My horrible hitting technique

So I've been trying to post a video of my hitting the volleyball for a while so I could get some critique about what I'm doing wrong. I know my form is a complete mess, but by soliciting criticism over at volleyballforums.com, I'm hoping to improve.



Anyway, if you've got any comments on how I could improve what I'm doing, please go over to the proper thread and post them. Just saying my form is a mess isn't really helpful as I know that, I'd like some advice on how to improve it.

thanks.

3 comments:

Pound said...

ok first of all your form is all wrong...

j/k i have no idea, is that volleyball you're playing? :P

Anonymous said...

I think the biggest problem is your approach is inconsistent. Your first steps are right-left then during your last approach you took a big left-right. I think you were adjusting your technique depending on the set. I wouldn't ever do that. You also don't swing your arms back, I think you got a little windmill action going on.

First, I'd work on approaching the same way everytime Left-Right-Left. Also, swinging your arms back when you approach.

himespau said...

thanks for the comment. It's something I'll definitely be working on when I get back to playing again (taking a month off due to lack of gym availability).