Monday, January 25, 2010

Lab retreat




A couple of weeks back, my lab went to Woodstock, Vermont, for a lab retreat (and my first time downhill skiing). Mom wanted to see who the people in my lab are, so here is a link to the photos Dr. Gilmore took during the retreat because this seemed the easiest way for her to see. And yes all those little kids in the picture above got down the hill faster, with more grace, and on more difficult routes than the one I took. For the record, this is before my second-to-last (penultimate, if you will) trip down the hill. It was on my last attempt down that I slid 30 yards or more on my stomach (though there might be a picture among those posted where I'm a bit snowy after finally making it the rest of the way down).

2 comments:

Dan N said...

It looks like your head was photoshopped on.

himespau said...

It really does, doesn't it. I don't know what the deal is, but that is definitely my body and my face. And I was there skiing (and doing lab meeting-type stuff) not off gallivanting about doing all sorts of secret stuff I don't want anyone to know about and photoshopping myself into pictures to provide myself with an alibi, nosir, that's not me, that's not me at all...