Sunday, February 13, 2011

The impossibility of being objective

Before 2/9/2011, Debbie and I discussed whether or not we'd be able to look at our baby and know whether she was really a cute baby or if she was odd looking (and given that she shares half my DNA, the latter was kind of likely). We both thought that (unlike many other parents out there) we'd be able to look at her and see the truth (because we're scientists and evidence and all that nonsense), but either we were completely wrong or our little Penelope is the cutest baby there ever was. Anyway, here she is (and you know what, maybe we were right and we are being objective when we say she's the cutest).























5 comments:

himespau said...

Aargh!!! Stupid website cropping the photos with no warning. Maybe I'm just making them too big, but it drives me nuts when it cuts off the right hand side of them.

Dan N said...

Paul, many congrats on the beautiful baby.

Pound said...

omg are you kidding me? killing me w/ the girly adorableness. and are you trying to breastfeed her in that one pic w/ your hairy chest?

i actually think my babies were ugly... til they turned about 4 months old. then they got super freaking cute.

himespau said...

Not trying to feed her. Just had been giving her a little skin to skin calming time because her mommy had been hoping to sleep get a bit more sleep. Doesn't work as well with Daddy as I think she doesn't like the hair.

himespau said...

Oh and Oli was a cutie pie the first time I saw a pic.